Baked Lamb Pasta
If you need something killer for a dinner-party, nothing does the trick like this authentic pasta dish. Succulent juicy lamb, rich silky béchamel sauce and a sprinkle of course of Cuca Salts for Meat. This beauty will feel like grandmas been cooking all day.
|900 grams||lamb, ground|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 large||onion, diced|
|1 ½ tbsp||Cuca Salts for Meat|
|6 cloves||garlic, rough chopped|
|½ cup||red wine|
|1 tbsp||cinnamon, ground|
|2 tsp||cumin, ground|
|2 tsp||oregano, dried|
|3 ½ cups||tomatoes, crushed|
|1 tbsp||tomato, paste|
|3 1/3 cups||penne pasta, cooked|
|1 tbsp||thyme, fresh (for garnish)|
|1 tbsp||parmesan (for sprinkling)|
|3 tbsp||olive oil|
|¼ cup||all-purpose flour (or gluten free flour)|
|2 ½ cups||whole milk|
|½ tsp||nutmeg, ground|
|1 ½ tsp||Cuca Salts for Meat|
|½ cup||parmesan cheese, grated|
|½ cup||plain Greek yoghurt|
|2 extra-large||cumin, ground|
|2 tsp||eggs, beaten|
- For the Bolognese: heat oil in a large heavy bottom pot over medium high heat. Add the onion, ground meat and Cuca Salts for Meat. Cook 10-12 minutes, stirring often until onions are tender and meat is browned.
- Splash with the red wine and cook to evaporated about 2 minutes, then add garlic, cinnamon, cumin, and oregano and sauté for 2 minutes until garlic is fragrant. Stir in crushed tomatoes and tomato paste, simmer on low heat, covered for 20 minutes. Taste and add more Cuca Salts for Meat if you like.
- Preheat oven to 200o
- To make the béchamel sauce, heat the oil in a pot, over medium heat. Whisk the flour into the oil into a smooth paste and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in 1 cup milk slowly until smooth and thickened, then add the remaining 1 ½ cups milk and whisk until thick.
- Add Cuca salts for Meat, nutmeg, and parmesan, stir until cheese melts and sauce is smooth. Set aside and let cool for 10 minutes. Once the béchamel sauce has cooled 10 minutes (or warm), stir in the yoghurt and beaten egg.
- Boil water, cook the pasta and drain.
- Add the cooked pasta to the Bolognese sauce and mix. Pour into a 12-inch oven proof skillet and top with the béchamel sauce covering it evenly. Sprinkle with ½ cup more parmesan and scatter with fresh thyme leaves. Bake 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Voila, your dish is ready to be devoured!