Rustic Fish Stew
This enticing looking fish stew recipe is lightly spiced with a hit of fresh lime and great depth of flavor. The combination of ingredients and Cuca Salts for Seafood will make this coconut-based dish get finger-licking-good kinda messy!
|500 grams||firm white fish, fillet, no skin, cut into 2-3 cm cubes|
|1 tbsp||lime juice|
|1 tbsp||Cuca Salts for Seafood|
|1 tsp||olive oil|
|1 ½ tbsp||olive or coconut oil|
|2 cloves||garlic, minced|
|1 small||onion, finely diced|
|1 large||red bell pepper, halved and sliced|
|1 ½ tsp||white sugar|
|1 tbsp||cumin, powder|
|1 tbsp||paprika, powder|
|1 tsp||cayenne, powder (optional)|
|1 tsp||Cuca Salts for Seafood|
|1 ¾ cups||coconut milk, full fat|
|1 ¾ cups||tomatoes, crushed|
|1 cup||fish broth (chicken/vegetable)|
|1-2 tbsp||lime juice (more for serving)|
|3 tbsp||fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (more for serving)|
- Combine the fish, lime juice, oil, and Cuca Salts for Seafood in a bowl. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the fish and cook until light golden brown. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce the stove to medium high and heat 1 ½ tbsp olive oil in the same skillet. Add garlic and onion, cook until the onion is starting to become translucent. Add the bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining broth ingredients. Bring to simmer then turn down to medium. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until it thickens. Return the fish to the broth to reheat about 2 minutes. Stir through lime juice.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with white rice or potatoes.