Classic Sweet Potato Casserole
This sweet potato and coconut cream stew is a glowing shade of orange with big, vibrant bursts of green kale and okra. As always for taste we have kicked it up with our Cuca Salts for Veggies-a real flavour bomb!
|600 grams||sweet potatoes, cut into 3 cm chunks|
|200 grams||okra or green beans, halved|
|50 grams||kale, roughly chopped|
|2 small||onions, 1 roughly chopped|
|5 cm||ginger, roughly chopped|
|3 cloves||garlic, roughly chopped|
|1 small||scotch bonnet chili|
|4 tbsp||tomato purée|
|¾ cup||crunchy peanut butter|
|2 tbsp||sunflower oil|
|2 tsp||coriander seeds, toasted and crushed|
|2 tsp||cumin, ground|
|1 tsp||black pepper, ground|
|½ cup||coconut cream|
|3 cups||vegetable stock|
|¼ tsp||Cuca Salts for Veggies|
|coriander (to serve)|
|lime wedges (to serve)|
- Put half the roughly chopped onion, ginger, garlic, scotch bonnet, tomato purée and peanut butter in a food processor, and whizz to a paste.
- Heat a casserole dish over a medium heat and add sunflower oil.
- Fry the other half of onion with Cuca Salts for Veggies for 5 minutes until softened. Add the spices and fry for a minute, then stir in the peanut paste and fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut cream and stock, bring to a simmer and bubble for 10 minutes until fragrant and reduced a little.
- Stir the sweet potato chunks into the sauce, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add okra and kale, cook for another 10 minutes with the lid off if you prefer a thicker sauce.
- Scatter the coriander to serve and adding a squeeze of lime as a garnish. You can serve it alongside rice or potatoes.