Homestyle Pork Chops
Let’s give it up for a delicious juicy pork served in a skillet with garlic butter! Thick-cut chops are first marinated with olive oil, fresh herbs, and Cuca Salts for Pork to infuse more flavor. We hope you have some napkins ready because this dish is going to leave your mouth watering.
|700 grams||pork steaks cut into 4 slices about 2-3 cm thick each|
|1 tbsp||all-purpose flour|
|1 tsp||Cuca Salts for Pork|
|1 tsp||chili, powder|
|1 tsp||garlic, powder|
|1 tsp||onion, powder|
|½ tsp||smoked paprika, powder|
|½ tsp||black pepper, ground|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 cup||chicken stock|
|1 tbsp||apple cider vinegar|
|2 tsp||brown sugar|
|2 tbsp||parsley, chopped (optional)|
- Take the pork chops out of the fridge and season on both sides with Cuca Salts for Pork (less than 1/4 teaspoon of salt per pork chop). Set the chops aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the spice rub. In a small bowl, mix the flour, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika. Rub both sides of the chops with the spice rub.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. As soon as the oil is hot add the pork. Cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip the pork so that the seared side is facing up. Reduce the heat to low then cover the skillet with a lid. Cook slowly for 10 min until cooked.
- Transfer pork chops to a plate and rest for 5 minutes.
- To make the pan sauce, increase the heat to medium-high then add the chicken stock, vinegar, and honey and reduce by half. Slide the skillet off of the heat and swirl in the butter.
- Slide the pork chops back into the pan and spoon some of the sauce on top. Scatter fresh parsley over the pork then serve.