Sweet and Sticky Crispy Pork
There’s something seriously addictive about golden strips of sweet caramelized spiced meat. I love recipes that can be made quickly at home with great delicious results and don’t require hundreds of gourmet ingredients. This beauty is a great example of this and gets a good kick with our gourmet Cuca Salts for Pork. Don’t take our world for it, give it a go and let us know!
|700 grams||pork meat|
|1 cup||potato starch|
|1 tbsp||Cuca Salts for Pork|
|1 tsp||light soy sauce (reduced sodium)|
Sweet and Sticky Sauce
|¼ cup + 2 tbsp||light soy sauce (reduced sodium)|
|1 tbsp||hoisin sauce|
|½ tbsp||rice vinegar|
|1 tsp||sesame oil|
|1 tbsp||shaoxing cooking wine or any white wine you may be drinking|
Corn Starch Slurry (to thicken sauce)
|5 tsp||corn starch|
Garnish & Toppings (optional)
|1 – 2 stalks||green onion (chopped)|
|toasted sesame seeds|
- Slice the meat into 1 cm wide strips and place in a bowl.
- In a food processor, blitz the onion, garlic, and ginger until it is a paste (if you do not have a food processor, you grate them.)
- Add the marinade and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce to the pork and mix well and store it in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After the pork has marinated, dust 1/2 cup of potato starch on the pork and use your fingers to loosely coat the pork with it. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Once the pork has sat for 10 minutes, dust the other 1/2 cup of potato starch on the pork again to lightly re-coat the pork and lightly dust off any excess starch. Using your fingers separate the pork if they are clumped together and deep fry it in the hot oil in small batches (make sure the oil is hot but not smoking). Then, place the pork onto a plate with paper.
- In another pot add in all the sauce ingredients, except the corn starch slurry ingredients. Stir until everything is combined well and wait until it comes to a low rolling boil.
- In a small bowl, combine the corn starch and cold water to make a corn starch slurry and add it into the sauce and keep stirring until the sauce has thickened. Turn off the heat.
- Add in the crispy pork and coat it with the sauce. Garnish it with the chopped green onion and toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately! Goes amazing with plain rice or just stuffing directly in your face.